Inspired by Sara Oteri's recipe in the 'Coles' Weeknights made Easy magazine...
Serves: 2 people
- ½ cup (70 gms) x Hazelnuts
- 2tbspns x Olive Oil
- 3 x Garlic cloves, crushed
- ½ cup x Parmesan Cheese, finely grated
- Large pinch of Nutmeg
- ¼ (300 gms) x Pumpkin - large dice and roasted
- 300mls x cream, or combination of substitutes, eg: Philadelphia cream for cooking and Sour Cream
- 300 gms x Ricotta and Spinach Agnolotti Pasta
- 2 tbspns x Maple Syrup
- Salt and Pepper
Preheat your oven to 180°C. Place the hazelnuts on a baking tray and bake for 8 minutes, or until golden. Place on a tea towel and rub the skins off. Set them aside. When cooled, coarsely chop them.
Dice your pumpkin into a 2 cms dice, splash them with olive oil, maple syrup and salt, then roast until soft.
Heat the rest of the oil in a deep-sided pan over medium heat. Add the garlic, and cook, stirring occasionally, for 1 minute. Add the hazelnuts, cream(s), parmesan, nutmeg and stir to combine. Add the roasted pumpkin, and stir to combine in the sauce. Season, and remove from the heat.
Cook the pasta in salted water until al dente. Drain. Add to the sauce and gently combine to coat the pasta. Season with black pepper and serve with a little extra parmesan.
Optional extra: 1 cup x European parsley, chopped.