This recipe is created from the inspirational original in the June 2017 'Coles' magazine ... with thanks.
Preparation: around 1½ hrs
- 6 x Chicken thigh fillets
- 2 x tspns dried oregano
- 2 x tspns paprika
- 3 x med. potatoes, quartered
- 1 x red onion, cut into wedges
- ½ x red capsicum, seeded, coarsely chopped
- 1 x zucchini, halved lengthways, then sliced in thick diagonal pieces
- ½ cup x kalamata olives, seeded
- ½ cup x chicken stock
Optional: In this case, we added some Brussels Sprouts cooked in butter and garlic.
Pre-heat your oven to 200°C. Combine the chicken, paprika and oregano in a large bowl. Season well. Heat a large pan over medium heat and cook the chicken for 2 minutes on each side, or until golden brown, then transfer it to a baking tray/dish.
Add the potatoes to the pan and cook, tossing for 5 minutes, or until light golden. Arrange potatoes, onion, capsicum, zucchini, and olives around the chicken in the tray/dish. Pour the stock around the chicken. Season.
Bake for 35-40 mins, or until the chicken is cooked through, and the vegetables are tender. Serve immediately with some crunchy buttered bread.